Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Oooops... Five Years Already! Part V

Note: This is the last part of my 5 years in the USA photo story. To read the previous parts click here for part I, II, III and IV.

Recapping 2009 up to the time I started this blog.

2009 in general was way less traveling than previous year, but much more racing! ;-)

In January, I kicked off the 2009 race season with the Greenville News Downtown 5K... I believe that is the biggest 5K that we have in the area with around 5000 participants each year and the t-shirts are super cool with the interstate sign and the year instead of the interstate number.


In February, we made a day trip to Atlanta to visit the Georgia Aquarium and the Coca-Cola Museum. While I am not a big fan of aquariums in general, I really enjoyed my repeat visit to the Coca-Cola Museum... really worth it!



In March of that year we had a SNOW DAY! Since a snow cover like this doesn't happen too often around here, it had to be documented! ;-)


One of the best races I did so far, was the St. Francis Mud Run in May. It's a 4 mile run with around 40 obstacles on a military base in Greenville. Team "Sunny Side Up" did a GREAT job! It didn't work out for us to return in 2010, but there is always next year, right?


Also in May was the annual Salsa BBQ and since there are not a lot of pictures with Terry and I dancing, here you go:


In June, we did the Candlelight Run 5K. That was quite possibly the roughest 5K I did so far. The race started around 8:30pm and it was still 90 degrees outside and the humidity was insane. We were a whole group running and that's always fun... And the weather condition made for some nice "war stories" in the post race pizza and beer get together.


Also in June, I did my first triathlon. This had been on my to do list since starting my weight loss journey in 2008.


In July, I did a solo vacation visit to Germany. I took it very easy and didn't travel a lot, just tried to spend as much time as possible with my family. One exception though was a weekend trip to Bavaria were I ended up joining for a 4th of July party... Of course you normally don't celebrate the 4th of July in Germany, but this group has been living in the US at one point in time and it was great to see everybody.



While I was there, my parents also picked out a new family member: Paul the Puppy... Now, he is Paul the gigantic but lovable dork! ;-)


In August, we rented a cabin in a state park in Tennessee and spent our week with boating, hiking, swimming and cycling.


And the rest is history and well documented here on the blog, like:

Now that we have all the recapping out of the way, it's time to start regular broadcasting again. ;-)

So long!

No comments:

Post a Comment