Thursday, August 5, 2010

I Won't Quite Retire My Goggles For The Year Yet...

I was ready to ditch the goggles for the year after last Sunday's race. Not because I hate swimming, but more because I wanted to focus on running with my upcoming races (XTERRA 7K, BRR and Spinx Half) and because swimming just sometimes is a lot of hassle and time commitment.

But now, I am signed up to do another sprint distance triathlon in two weeks.

The race is part of the Upstate Tri Series (like all other triathlons I did this year) and is organized by the Laurens YMCA. It's a 300 yards open water swim in Lake Rabon (where I did the training tri a couple of weeks ago), 12.3 mile bike and 3.1 mile run.

Why did I change my mind?

It's a local race with a distance I should be able to pull off comfortably even with my "7 Days Of Laziness". I also really liked the biking in our training triathlon and think this should be a fairly fast course. It's not exactly on the road we rode back then, but the area seems to be like good riding ground.


YOU should sign up too and fast, because registration is going up $10.- after August 9th! As of yesterday, there are only 19 participants signed up.

It's funny cycle that I seem to go through with pretty much any race:
  1. Pick a race.
  2. Put in the training.
  3. Get sick of the training.
  4. Really don't feel like racing after all.
  5. Having a blast racing (more or less).
  6. Can't wait to get back into the hustle and bustle of things.
  7. Repeat.
Guess in which stage I am currently? ;-)

So long!

No comments:

Post a Comment