Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday Thunks: Heatwave

Once again, I am joining for the current edition of "Thursday Thunks".

 

It's it fascinating, that where ever in the world you are, people like to talk about the weather. And it's always too cold or too hot, too dry or too rainy..... The weather just doesn't seem to be able to make things right for more than one day in a row! ;-)

Anyways... Yes, we do have a heatwave.... But I am loving it! And that comes from a person that currently doesn't have an A/C in the house! HAH!

Here we go:

1. The temperature in Mooseheadville, Canada was 34 below. Most of the U.S. is in a serious heat wave. In Connecticut, it was 92 degrees in the shade. What do YOU do to beat the heat?

Don't beat the heat! Embrace the heat! As women, we do have it a little easier, since it's socially accepted for us to show legs in the office. A dude with shorts doesn't fly most of the time. Other than that... Make sure to take in lots of fluids.... water if possible and take things easy. Also, an advise that a friend gave me on a vacation in Brazil... "Just don't think about the heat!" Sounds pretty simple, but it actually works, because once you start focusing on how hot you are, you are going to feel more and more uncomfortable!

2. What is your favorite summertime song?


Fastball - The Way

3. Besides nude beaches what's your favorite outdoor summer activity?

With our recent kayaking adventures, I think that is my new favorite summer activity. Followed closely by a nice long bike ride.

4. I'm inviting everyone to a cook-out. What should I cook for you?

I think I just recently had my perfect cook-out food.... Chicken and veggie kabobs, Terry's (famous) baked beans and warmed up naan. Other than that, I am a sucker for pasta salads and a good old burger every now and then!

5. When selecting your swimwear do you go for sexy or practical?

Practical. I hardly go swimming without it being a workout and I normally don't bake in the sun. So when I am in the water, I am more concerned about comfort and not giving a free show at the YMCA pool.

6. Back in the day, did you ever have a summer fling? If yes, do tell. (Names not required.)

I am sure there was a different fling every summer, but seriously, I can't remember any details. It's quite fascinating how much of a memory loss I suffered over the years.... Some people would probably say, that I blocked these memories... Possible... Very possible.

7. Do you know anyone who hates air conditioning? If yes, what is their reasoning?

Probably the person that is most opposed to A/C that I know is myself. I am not saying, that there shouldn't be A/C, but I think it's ridiculous that in some places the A/C is set on 65 degrees throughout the year. It's not only a waste of energy, but also doesn't make sense health-wise e.g. A/C cold etc. Believe me, I would like to have a A/C in our house right about now, but fortunately, I have alternatives in the house and just spend most of my time downstairs where it's about 15 degrees cooler.

8. When and with who was your last skinny dip?

See number 6 and my memory block!

9. How sick of LeBron James are you?

With half of our office being more concerned about the World Cup, I just heard about this whole LeBron stuff a little bit. But my understanding is, people start getting a little peed off about it... Oh well, it's not like you can't avoid the news! ;-)

10. When you were a kid, what was your best summer?

I think we had many good summers as kids. Most summers, we would go on vacation for three weeks close to the beach and the rest of the summer, we just spend in and around the public pool. We had three TV programs, no computers, no cell phone.... No reason to stay inside and at home. One of the more prominent memories from family vacations I have, is the summer when we rented a house in Spain with another family. I think there is still some video footage out there from that time. That was also the summer when our Dad decided to buy water skis and teach us without never having done it himself. But we figured it out and it was a ton of fun!

11. Belly up to the bar. We serve ANYTHING. It's 100 degrees. What should we pour for you?

Mojito

12. Is there a favorite meal that you like to have in the summer?

It's not really a meal, but I am digging my fruit smoothies right now after my evening workouts. Nothing brings me back to life faster!

13. Do you think they will solve the oil spill in time for the Gulf states to enjoy summer?

I hate to be the pessimist here, but I highly doubt that they find a solution for this mess anytime soon.


Enjoy the heatwave and have a great day!

So long! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment