Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday Thunks: Drawing In The Sand

Joining in for Thursday Thunks on this lovely day. I am in vacation mode mentally, but no vacation in sight. SIGH.


1. Do you draw anything or perhaps your name in the sand when you go to the beach?
I don't think that I am a creative person. So most of the time when at the beach, I don't draw stuff in the sand, but like to stick me feet in it and dig them in.

2. What is out your back door?
A big wooden deck, a big driveway and then a lot of yard and trees. We do live in the middle of the woods. So on top of all the trees we also have TONS of wildlife in our back yard. Squirrels, frogs, rabbits, geckos, lots and lots of birds (e.g. woodpeckers)... Actually, just this morning, I rescued a turtle from the road.

3. Do you prefer the beach, a pool or a lake? Why?
I think I prefer a lake, because it's something Terry and I can agree upon. He doesn't care for the beach or the pool and a lake always gives him more options for stuff he enjoys like fishing etc. So there is something for both of us in the mix.

4. What is something recently that happened to you that you are REALLY excited about?
Isn't every day exciting? ;-) But no, nothing happened to be REALLY exciting... I guess I would be able to remember if hmmm? ;-)

5. Are any of your great-grandparents still alive? If not did you ever meet them?
I never met my mom's parents, but my dad's parents and my family actually lived in the same house until they died when I was age 14 and 16.

6. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group? Tell us about it.
I haven't done a speech or a presentation in quite a while. But at work I have to constantly speak before larger groups in trainings and meetings. Nothing worth talking about anymore. Fortunately, even stuff like that becomes routine at one point. But I do remember the first presentation that I had to give in college and that gave my nightmares back then.

7. Have you ever bungee jumped? Would you ever bungee jump?
No and I doubt it. I don't even ride rollercoasters, so bungee jumping just seems too far out for me.

8. How strong emotionally do you think you are?
On a scale 1-10, I think I am a 7. I sure have my moments, but at the end of the day, I was always able to hold it together so far. But I also have to say, that so far *knock on wood* I didn't have to go through major emotional heartwrecking situations. I know, that I am lucky. Believe me!

9. What is the first thing you notice about people when you meet them?
The way they talk! I listen a lot to try figure things out.

10. Who do you mess with the most?
I am not sure what that is even supposed to mean...

11. Who was the last person you talked to on a landline?
For private purposes, I can't remember. I don't even know our landline phone number from the top of my head, because I never even give that number to anybody. At work, I still frequently use the landline.

12. What was the last movie you watched long after it came out and loved?
Harry and Sally? I do love that movie and I don't think I was already alive when the thing came out first.... Okay, maybe that was an exaggaration, but you get my point. I am not a movie person... At all.

13. What did you dream about last night?
No idea... But fortunately, no nightmares about the race on Sunday.


Happy Thursday everyone and so long! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment