Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thursday Thunks: Welcome To Summertime 2010

Oh well... I know, I promised to share our Savannah sightseeing trip with you today, but it's Thursday... I like this edition of "Thursday Thunks" and therefore you'll get the Sunday recap tomorrow... PROMISE!

On other news: Germany moved into the next round at the World Cup and will play England on Sunday... Oh boy, I am already nervous. To celebrate their win yesterday, I went out and bought a pair of shoes! ;-)


Here we go:

1. It became officially summer on Monday. What's your favorite part of winter?
My favorite part about winter is, that we don't have much of one in South Carolina.

2. What was your worst summer vacation ever?
Camping near Venice (Italy) one summer. It rained almost for the whole week and when it didn't rain, it was cold... By the end of the week all of our clothes were damp. Which reminds me of another camping trip somewhere at the Baltic Sea were it probably rained even more and harder and it was windy on top of it... By the end of the trip all of our clothes were damp. Oh... This is a really close call!

In Italy we ended up having to take one of our travel compagnions to the hospital because he stepped into some debris while we got our car tags stolen during the other trip. In Venice, we got a good laugh out of peeing off all the Gondolieries by driving our motor boat through the canals while the travel compagnions at the Baltic Sea trip were more fun.

Sorry, I can't decide which trip was worse... They both sure did have several good stories to tell though! ;-)

3. Tell us about the best job that you ever had.
One summer I was working as the office help at an art festival. It was long hours, but the group of people I was working with were a lot of fun and the work itself was very divers... never got bored... not even a little! Wouldn't want to do it for the rest of my life though, but it was perfect at the time!

4. Who is probably talking a load of crap about you right now?
I don't care!

5. An alien appears and offers you the opportunity to repeat one year of your life. You will still know everything that you know now. He explains that no matter what you do differently, when you are returned to the present nothing will have changed. What year would you pick and why?
The year I lived in Berlin (Germany) for six months and right after that in Reading (England)* for six months. There is some small stuff that I would do differently now knowing what I know, but in general I would just like to do it all over again, because it was one of the best years of my life!

*It was in 2002 during the World Cup... I shared an office with a girl from Spain and girl from Ireland surrounded by English co-workers.... Emotions were flying high during that time!

6. Name three things you have on you at all times. Explain why.
When I pretend to me low maintenance all I have on me is the car key, money and cell phone... But who are we kidding... My purse can sometimes be mistaken for a piece of luggage that requires to be checked in.

7. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
The last letters were the thank you notes after the wedding. But actually I do have a "pen pal". It's my 75 year old neighbor from my last apartment in Germany and she "doesn't do" internet... So handwriting it is! ;-)

8. If you could have everyone in the blogosphere read just one of your posts, which post would you pick and why?
My post about "Operation Beautiful", because everybody needs to know that they are beautiful! Spread the word!
9. I recently read that the music industry continues to decline at an alarming rate. In the last year it said the sales of Michael Jackson's and The Beatles' music are the only artists who sales continue to climb. The article stated that the two are holding up the industry. Have you bought a CD or mp3 of either artist recently?
Nope... And not planning on it either... I can hardly remember when I last bought a CD or MP3 at all. I used to be all my ipod, but I don't even bother with that anymore. As mentioned recently, I am trying to recycle all the music that I already have and currently have fun rediscovering all the music that I bought years and years ago.

10. What radio ad right now do you find so annoying that you'd rather have a tooth drilled than hear it again?
I think 90% of radio commercials are just flat out annoying and I change stations or switch to CD as soon as the commercials come on. I really can't take it!

11. skipped

12. There is a knock on your door. It can be anyone in the world. Who would you want it to be?
I know, I should put like Mother Theresa or something like this on here, but I really don't know...

13. What would be the worst entertainment or sporting that you could be forced to watch?
That's easy.... Hunting and Fishing... Just don't see the point of it... Sorry baby! ;-)

So long! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment