Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Palmetto Bluff Plantation Riding


Living here in the Upstate has a lot of advantages and we really do have the best of both worlds in our front (ocean) and back (mountains) yard. But living in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains doesn't always fly. Especially if you just want to ride your bike on a flat road FOR ONCE!

Naturally, we wanted to take advantages of being in Hilton Head Island and the flat roads around there. After talking to the guy at HHI GoTri Sports, we knew exactly where we wanted to do that... The Palmetto Bluff Plantation!

Just for kicks.... The elevation profile! ;-)


Here is a commercial for the area, since I didn't take any pictures. I was too busy riding "like a bat out of hell" as Terry put it so nicely. Seriously... I was so stoked about the flat road that I just pedaled my little heart out and it was sooooooo much fun!



We got into a little drizzle that actually felt pretty good. It was hot and humid out there even at 10 in the morning. By the time we got back to the car, we and the bikes were covered in grit.




Nope, these are not tan lines, but dirt lines. Yummie! ;-)

After this 30 mile ride, I felt like added some mileage to my day. Especially because I am signed up to ride a metric century ride this Saturday and needed some more T.I.T.S.... get your mind out of the gutter! ;-) That's short for "Time In The Saddle".... OF COURSE! So I asked Terry to drop my off on HHI somewhere on the bike path. This way I ended up with 8 more miles for the day and also got some sightseeing in. No way you can ride fast for long on this path... Too many people, too many intersections, but it was worth it nonetheless. I also saw some local wildlife... Buzzards... Fortunately, they just had some roadkill lunch and didn't bother me... But it sure gives you an incentive to keep moving! Just kidding! ;-)



I worked up quite an appetite on the bike over the morning and so we stopped by at Kenny B's French Quarter Cafe and had a HUGE grouper melt.... That was good! We got there over a recommendation of a friend... It always is so much better to get a place recommended than just randomly go somewhere! Thanks, Ivey! I didn't take any pictures of the food (you know, this is not a food blog! ;-), but the place in and of itself is worth a visit!


So long! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment