Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thursday Thunks: Never Agree In The First Place

Once again, I am joining in for Thursday Thunks and here we go...


1. When was the last time that you made an excuse for not doing something that you shouldn't have agreed to do in the first place?
I honestly can't remember! Normally, I am pretty good about NOT committing for something that I can't/ don't want to do. Terry refers to this as my German straightforwardness (is that a word?). If I really do agree to something that on a second thought wasn't such a great idea, I normally just suck it up and do it anyways. I refer to that as my German reliability. ;-)

2. Without identifying the person, is there someone in your life that you'd like to shake some sense into?
I have to pick one person?? Seriously, even if I could do that, I try to avoid it. I am way too opinionated about how people should live their lives, when I really should just worry about my own life and my family. That doesn't mean that I don't sometimes think that a person shouldn't do this or that with his/her life, but I try to keep it at that..... A thought.

3. Did you ever really care if Tiger Woods cheated on his wife?
Not really.... I don't know either of them, so how can I really "care"? But I remember being disappointed that another "clean" star/ role model goes down the drain. Then today over lunch I read an article in Triathlete Magazine about pro athletes "man or myth" where the author concluded that pro athletes are stellar in one particular thing or maybe several things, but in the end they are just as human as anyone else making the same mistakes... So there you go.


4. Did you watch the last episode of LOST? What did you think happened?
Nope. I can't remember ever even seeing one episode of LOST.

5. If your dining room china was made in Mexico, why is it still called china?
Because it's too complicated to check the "made in" label first before referring to a piece of porcelain... Or you might just want to check the explanation on wikipedia! ;-)


6. Tell us about your favorite movie of all time.
I am NOT a movie person AT ALL. With that being said, the first movie that popped into my head when reading this question was "When Harry Met Sally".

7. Do you think it's fair to get thrown out of a meme?
How CAN you get thrown out of a meme??

8. Berleen lives in Minnesota and Kimber in Arizona. If they were to meet halfway, where would they meet?
Don't ask me, ask them!

9. What do you think of heterosexual marriage?
Is that a trick question?


10. What would you change about your life if you had just one wish?
Starting my healthier lifestyle earlier.

11. How pissed are you that we posted late?
Nope. It's still Thursday right?


12. Tell us about a recent great day.
Memorial Day. It was an extended weekend and even though it was kind of a bummer to have all that rain, it was fun to just take it easy, stay in bed and have the house to myself.

13. When was the last time that you juggled?
Juggling balls? Maybe three years ago. Juggling commitments.... Every day! I know, that one sounds dramatic, but most of those commitments I juggle with joy. If that's not a phrase worthy of a blog post in the future.... Juggle with Joy! ;-)


On other news: I completed my last workout before the race this morning. It was a 1,200 meter swim that included some 50's and some 100's. I feel good and strong right now, but I have to say that I also start getting a little giddy about the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment