Sunday, October 24, 2010

On a high note... And not so high note!

This morning was my last long run before the Spinx Half Marathon this coming Saturday.

I ended up with 9 miles in 1:30 hours. Fairly speedy for me and I am very happy with the run and feel like I ended this training cycle on a high note.


 For the run, I joined a group with tons of speedy athletes and of course, I got spit out at the end of the pack which is alright, since I expected it. Until around mile 4, I still had a running partner, but after that I was on my own.... Doesn't look like it hurt the pace hmmm??? ;-)

The not so high note was the instant soreness I felt right after stopping.... I hadn't noticed it until then, but my 7 mile hike up and down Table Rock yesterday left me SORE!!! I assume, that the coming down the mountain, dragged by a 50 lbs dog has a little something to do with that.


The hike was beautiful, but I didn't take one single picture, but one of my co-worker snapped pics all the time and hopefully, I will be able to share a couple of them over the next couple of days.

We also have family from Terry's side in town over the weekend and once I sorted through those pictures, I will share some here as well.

So long! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment