Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy Feet - PLEASE!



For a couple of weeks my feet hurt... Sometimes more the soles, sometimes the toes and other times the top... Through in a little ankle pain for good measure and you find a sweet little pot-pourri of aches and pains. I don't think that there is anything wrong with my feet per se more that there is just some general soreness going on.


Thinking about it, it's not really a big surprise. I ask a lot of my feet with all the running, the squeezing in the cycling shoes and still wanting to wear cute high heels every now and then. Fortunately, I don't have any blister and black toe nail issues and hopefully, I don't jinx myself with stating this here. But sometimes, I am also not really sensible when it comes to taking care of my feet. I was already achy all week and then Thursday night comes around, we haven't been dancing in weeks, I didn't have a workout on the plan and so we set out for some booty shaking. Close to two hours of dancing in high heels was sending my feet over the edge and while I was lying in bed last night trying to go to sleep, my feet were yelling at me, if I was crazy or something and why I wouldn't let them alone every now and then!


So today, I went to work in sneakers... It's Friday right? And they already feel a little better... I might even treat them to a little massage later on since I will be asking a lot of them once again over the weekend. Tomorrow, I will be on my feet volunteering at the Greenville News 5K and also plan on getting 6 miles in. Sunday will be a mix of road and trail for 10 miles... I kinda look forward to that one!


That's the plan anyways... Happy weekend everyone! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment