Friday, January 14, 2011

Getting Back To Normal


Time to shake the ice out of the whiskers and get back into a routine - shall we?

With all the snow shenanigans, the workouts this week of course didn't happen like they were planned out... Big surprise here hmmmm?

Nevertheless, I feel like I got in a good amount of training... Especially the Wednesday night trainer ride, I was dreading all week and I was glad when that was finally done. That was one rough set and I sleep like a baby the following night.

The next morning, I headed out to the pool and I probably have never seen the Middle Tyger Y so empty. But unlike the Greenville Y's, it was open for business, despite snow and ice.

I decided early last night to skip Yoga today and take an hour more sleep... Fortunately... Because this morning I saw that the Y didn't open until 9am. PHEW! But I did download a couple of yoga video podcasts yesterday, that I will try out over the weekend.... Maybe.

With a fairly easy going week due to the weather restrictions, I actually can't wait to do regular training and other fun stuff over the weekend.

The Freewheelers have also published a list of four official Mount Mitchell training rides. I won't be able to make the first two due to previous commitments, but already put the last two on my schedule for this year. Over the weekend, I will try to find another couple of organized ride that can be used for training. Speaking of Mount Mitchell, registration opens on Feb 1st for members. There is no turning back, once the registration is done and procrastinating is not an option either! YIKES!!!

Last, but not least: Head over to DC Rainmaker for a Garmin Forerunner 310XT Giveaway. Good luck! ;-)

Have a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment