Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Month In Review: May



May was consumed with Mitchell. Of course there is the race, but there is the taper leading up to the race and then recovery after the race. That means my numbers have been much lower, especially for running and swimming in May. I had more rest days over the last month than I can remember of ever having without being sick.

Currently, I am trying to recover from the recovery week(s) a.k.a. trying to convince mind and body to get back on the program, because it's all too easy for me to keep on "slacking" (for the lack of a better word) once I had a break.

But with my big goal for this year out of the way, I also started to review the race schedule, that I created earlier and see, if I will swap out some races for others and add some rides... This is still a work in progress and we'll see what I am going to end up with.

The end of May also brought summer temperatures and humidity and I am struggling to adjust right now, especially while attempting to run, which is a struggle for me to begin with.

Now that it is June, my triathlon season finally starts. This Saturday, I am once again trying to put three sports into one event and have to see how things are going to shake out for me. I have done this particular race two times before and it was actually my very first tri back in 2009. This year, they shortened the run course from 4 miles to 5K... Consider me very happy about this descision! ;-)


1 comment:

  1. good luck this weekend! have fun with it. don't worry about saving any energy for next weekend, you'll have to stop and wait on me half the time anyway :)

    ReplyDelete