Thursday, November 18, 2010

Reassuring

Sometimes, I think I am the only person being so crazy to get up at 4.30am (several days in a row) to get a workout or two in before work.

I know, I am not...

But still, when I left for the Y a little before 5am today, I found it reassuring, that I already drove by two runners being out and about in the Cherrydale area... And I saw another group of three while driving through downtown. Of course, I wasn't the first person at the YMCA (actually, Terry left the house a little earlier than I did) and when I took off for my run in the subdivision between Cleveland Street and Augusta Road, I felt anything but alone. As I said... It's reassuring, that other people doing this stuff too...

So what has been going on this week? Not much... That's why things have been so silent around here.

The recovery from last Saturday's half marathon is coming along alright. My legs still felt pretty crappy in yesterday's spin class, but I believe that has more to do with me neglecting my cycling fitness over the last couple of weeks than with the half. This morning, I knocked out a 7 mile run that included 4x 800's and except for the first 800, I hit my goal pace.... Even though, I did those intervals on the road and not an the track.

"Funny" enough, during my cool down miles, my right knee started to yell at me and I am still hobbling around. Hopefully tomorrow morning's yoga class and the chiro appointment in the afternoon are going to take care of things... And maybe just a little R.I.C.E. (rest, ice, compress and elevate) for good measure.

I am in no mood for injury (who is... ever in the mood for injuries), so I'll keep my eye on this one.

What else? One of my best friends had a baby yesterday and so I am planning to drive up to NC on Saturday for some oohhhh-ing and awwwww-ing.

Other than that, there is nothing going on.... I am very excited to be able to travel to Germany, but it's still a month out.... Bugger.

Gotta go.



One more thing:
I just noticed on the Pepsi Refresh site, that the Swamp Rabbit Trail idea is currently on rank 84. It jumped up around 40 ranks in the last 10 or so days. This is GREAT and if everyone keeps voting every day for the rest of the month, we'll be in good shape. Only the top two ideas are going to get funding, so it's important to go back every day and vote... Why are you still here? Click here to vote for our Swamp Rabbit Trail!


3 comments:

  1. I left today at 4am to have my "morning-jog" around the Alster in Hamburg. You are not alone so early in the morning :-). I run four times a week so early in the morning.
    I voted for your Swamp Rabbit Trail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang it has slipped to 85! i have been voting daily though. so i'm jealous that you recovered so quickly - i think i am definitely still a little beat up! certainly not cranking out 800's over here. hope your knee feels better.

    gonna do the pmrr20k? i ran it one year and hated it (go figure, the hills) but i think i might try to do it this year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. the rear in gear one? that was my first half back in like, 07 or 08.

    yeah pmrr sucks but i have a masochistic mind sometimes towards running... i have had many raceless months so don't feel too bad about december.

    ReplyDelete